Friday, July 10, 2009

Basketball Book List Volume 1

Those who know me, can attest I love going to Borders, Barnes and Noble, several websites ( Championship Productions, Amazon, and Human Kinetic) purchasing basketball related materials. I always believe that in order to "keep up with the Joneses" you have to study and keep up with all the current trends in coaching. I've gotten so much information from a lot of books that I decided to list some books from my extravagant basketball library, lol. I'm sure some titles are well known to many coaches, but in case you don't here are some of my favorite titles and I have used many plays, drills, administrative ideals from coaching middle school on up to my time at the JUCO level.
Feel free to add any books to the list. I would love to see what coaches have in their "extravagant libraries" as well :)

1. Coaching Basketball Technical and Tacticall Skills
2. Lessons From The Legends: Basketball Defense Sourcebook
3. Coaching Basketball Successfully
4. Coaching Girls' Basketball Successfully
5. Developing a Successful Girls' and Women's Basketball Program
6. Coaching High School Basketball
7. The Ultimate Basketball Book
8. Five Star Basketball Coaches' Playbook
9. Basketball Offenses & Plays
10. The Complete Guide to Girls' Basketball
11. The Carolina Way
12. Winning Defense: A Guide for Players and Coaches
13. Coaching Fast Break and Secondary Offense
14. Special Situations: Making the Most of Limited Possessions
15. Basketball's Half Court Offense
16. Spalding Basketball Inbound Attack
17. Complete Conditioning for Basketball
18. Encyclopedia of Defensive Basketball Drills
19. The Basketball Handbook
20. Basketball Drills, Plays, and Strategies

No comments:

Post a Comment